Who here wishes they had bought stock in the dry shampoo companies?!?! Yeah, with three teenage girls…that would be me!!!! Lord Help Us!!!!
But I also don’t like the way it tickles my throat when I use it…which is probably a sign of it not being good for me!!!! So I went out searching for an alternative using my essential oils….and I found one!!!! And I’m happy to share with you!!!
DIY All Natural Dry Shampoo
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder as needed (this is to darken the color of the dry shampoo depending on your hair color)
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil .
- (I’m a bit extra…so I add a few more drops just to be on the safe side…hahhaha)
- Combine all ingredients in empty salt shaker
- Add unsweetened cocoa powder as need to match hair color.
- Sprinkle on roots of hair and massage into scalp.
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes to absorb hairs natural oils.
- Brush through hair.
- Style hair!
Essential Oil Info:
Rosemary- unclogs scalp pores and balances hair oils. Cedarwood supports hair strength. Lavender supports healthy hair growth and smells amazing!!