My LOVE for Thieves is REAL y’all!!! I LOVE this oil and the cleaning products made from it!!!
Here are a few ways that we use it in our home:
- Rub 1 drop onto the bottoms of your feet before heading out for the day.
- Diffuse to bring a spicy, welcoming fragrance to any room of your house.
- Add a drop or two of Thieves to mop water to add extra cleaning power and a fresh scent. It works great on my wood and tile floors.
- Make a deep-cleaning scrub by combining baking soda, Thieves Household Cleaner, and 2 drops of Thieves to form a thick paste.
- Use to remove sticky labels on glasses. Remove as much of the label as you can, add a drop of Thieves, let sit for several minutes, then rub clean.
- Make a deodorizing room and linen spray by combining 4 drops of Thieves with water in a spray bottle and spraying around the house.
- Put a drop on your hands, rub them together, then cup your hands loosely over your nose and mouth while inhaling.
- Add a drop to a cotton ball and stash it in your air vents to circulate the spicy scent of Thieves throughout your home.
- Scrub your sink with a few drops of Thieves after washing dishes to dispel any lingering odors.
- Drop Thieves onto a cloth and keep it in your gym bag to keep it and its contents smelling fresher.
- Combine 10 drops of Thieves with a cup of Epsom salt and add to a bath for a nice, relaxing soak.
It literally does sooooo many things in our home. I have always been hesitant to share…you know, I don’t want to be that weird oily lady….but then I’ve had so many friends that have asked what makes my house smell so good or what do I use to clean my wood floors. And as I’ve slowly shared, more and more people are discovering their love for oils and especially Thieves! So I thought I’d share the story as to how Thieves got it’s name…
“Young Living Founder and Chairman of the Board D. Gary Young recounts the history of his formulation of the essential oil blend Thieves.
“I must tell you that I have read 17 different versions of the Thieves story,” says Gary, “Some that claim there were four thieves and others that claim there were 40! Many of these legends took place in the 15th century, but still others put the date in the 18th century. The formulas also varied from one story to the next, but through my research, I was led to four key botanicals that were mentioned again and again. Those ingredients were clove, cinnamon, rosemary, and lemon—four of the same ingredients that make up Young Living’s Thieves essential oil blend today.
“The legends speculate that the thieves believed that wearing this special combination of botanicals provided protection while they were stealing. French authorities recognized that there was such value in this mixture that upon the thieves’ capture, they received a more merciful punishment on condition that they divulge the ingredients in their secret formula to the king.”
I know I surely love it and I also know that it makes me feel so much better knowing that we have CLEAN product in our home!!